Skip to main content

DREAM CHILD

DREAM CHILD SERIES ... I draw the curtain of each day open with a silent but inspired prayer to God. The bathroom has been a favourite spot for my inspired prayers, as I sat on my toilet seat; the first thing that comes to mind is the faithfulness of the creator of eternity, the one who holds the key to the gate of Life and Death. He is the reason I am alive today. Today is one of the days of sober reflection; I thought of my teenage experiences, the innocence and beauty and inexperience that characterize youthfulness. I thought of my most happy moments during those years of naivety, I thought of my witty and adventurous moments; the first time I fell in love and end up giving my first love kiss to a stranger. It felt good at first and I smiled all night and rolled on the bed like a guinea pig. That's what you feel when you are very young and inexperience*smiles*. I took my thoughts further like someone trying to fix what he or she is not sure about but obliged to fix. I thought of my nice boyfriend who couldn't bear the inconsistency in the country,whose only means of escape was to marry a rich old lady who lives oversea. Whatever anyone thinks of him; he has escaped poverty and the path of hard work to become a self-made millionaire, to him this is how Olodumare has chosen to favour him and grant him riches through the labour of the daughter of Eve after all she brought the curse on mankind. Then, the sweet thoughts of motherhood flood my heart. Sweet mother! The keeper, bearer and perpetrator of the Gate of Life. The world hail thee! Mother is Golden! Mother's love is unquantifiable I also hail thee! ... Fathers! the world stand amazed in awe of you,you are the reason we keep striving for excellence. My country Nigeria, I hail thee! The labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain. Hmmmmmmmmmmm! To my church, keep walking in the the love of the Father. To all my wonderful friends, past and present, near and far I love you always. And to me 'Discretion is the better part of valour'...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEVERISH JUNE

This is one month of the year where expectations are high, anxiety and frustration bloom for many. It is that time when you begin to question whether it will be or not. My very nice friend and colleague once shared with me, that in life, people will always have expectations- you also have expectations. – When will you marry? Married- when are you having children? – Child comes. When are you having another child… and it keeps coming. It is life, don’t get mad, many of them mean well but shirk mockers. It is often a great challenge and sometimes a shaming experience when you don’t have what you should at a time or the things that comes naturally to others is often a jungle toggle for you. Meanwhile, at some point you will be disrespected by those who once respected you especially if they are more privileged than you in acquiring these life assets. They begin to address you in terms of their experience gained where you are lagging. Handle it well. Wow! It is a tough place to b

The Journey of Becoming: Embracing Every Moment

There is always more to what we will BECOME—the dreams in our hearts, the pain in our chests. The highs and lows. The fleeting thoughts. The disappointing and embarrassing moments. The truths we told. The parts of us that stayed hidden. The stories we shared, the ones we are proud of, and the ones we left untold. The families that shaped us—our hopes, challenges, and desperations. Our nationalities, race, and identities. The clear paths and the undefined. The special moments. The grey days and the ones spent lingering in bed. The days we couldn’t see ourselves for what we could be. The defeating, deafening silence from those we once called friends. The lies we told ourselves about who we really are. The starting over days. The years we lost. The feigned laughter, the genuine one, the fights and quarrels with self and society. The hate, envy, and pretense from others. The ones that kept us going and the ones that brought us down. The moments that hit us where it truly matters. The love,
 THE MIRACLE OF THE BETRAYED It is  easy to give up and give out when we have waited  so long for something or a need to be filled. It's much easier for others, to look down, despise, be repulsive of your presence and everything or anything that represents you. The audacity at which they quickly label you as lazy, visionless and one that lacks direction is outstanding.  Or, they see you as having a "spiritual problem" in the natural African  coinage. We know that people often experience grey and grave moments in their lives. Much of which is no fault of the bearer or the physically handicapped or the spiritually detained individuals.  Know, that not all things are logically and spiritually  explained. So long as earth and people exist, there will always be grey areas. There will be " almost had it all". As, well as * I came from  a long list of successful individuals, which made me automatically self- sufficient and the journey to success much easier * Or, * I h